So while i was in Lahore last week ,and i went to look for a tinted moisturizer, which sadly i didnt find,Usually S.A will try and convince me to buy their foundations but i politely told them i already have like 10 foundations at home( yes! i have a problem)
Anyways i will share some easy homemade tinted moisturizer methods for my fellow Pakistani girls and who ever want to try it, which i have been using for quite a sometime.
I always try to wear a very natural and even looking skin tone when i go out.
What is tinted moisturizer?
Tinted moisturizer combines the benefits of skin care and a light foundation for a natural, luminous complexion.
- Light coverage, not a heavy look
- Most provide SPF protection
- Provides a moisturizer and cosmetic in one application
- Easy and quick to apply
- Most last all day
- Available in varying shades to match every skin tone
- 2 products in 1 is less expensive
- A tinted moisturizer is made by most cosmetic companies which means a wide selection to choose from
- Won't cover blemishes as well as traditional foundation
- May give shiny appearance to skin
- May not offer enough coverage for some women
You should not have trouble incorporating your mineral foundation with your moisturizer. If you find that your mineral makeup is difficult to dissolve in the moisturizer, you probably bought a poor quality mineral makeup. Consider trying another brand if this occurs.
Not into minerals?New York Color makeup artist Mathew Nigara says that a great way to make tinted moisturizer is to create a mixture of one-third foundation to two-thirds moisturizer in the palm of your hand. Then apply to face with a damp sponge. Gently push the mixture into the skin, focusing mostly on the center of the face and the T-zone (forehead, nose and chin)
Regular liquid foundations also work great as tinted moisturizers when mixed with your face moisturizer .My combination is usually two parts moisturizer plus one part foundation , then I swirled and mix them both together in palm of my hand with my finger and then apply all over my face.
Quick Tip: I have found that one of the easist and least messy ways to mix your own tinted moisturizer is to use a mini plastic cosmetics spatula (available at most beauty supply stores). These little spatulas make scooping out powdered mineral makeup and mixing it into the moisturizer a snap and they’re also great for scraping that last bit of product from the bottom of a cosmetics jar.
Tips :Add a bit of powdered bronzer to your tinted moisturizer during the summer to make your skin look like it's been in the sun.
You may need to use concealer with your mineral tinted moisturizer to cover imperfections.
I wish to try
- Laura Mercier oil free Tinted Moisturizer ,
- Korres Watermelon Lightweight Tinted Moisturizer SPF 30 ,
- Aveda Inner Light Tinted Moisture SPF 15,
- Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer With Sunscreen SPF 20
- Estee Lauder DayWear Plus Multi Protection Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15
Whats on your Tinted moisturizer wish list?
Have you tried Homemade tinted moisturizer Ever before?
Which is your favorite Tinted Moisturizer